Saturday, December 19, 2009

Does DKNY perfume smell like real apples?

Does that DKNY Apple perfume smell like real apples, or artificial flowery-smelling apples? Would I be better off buying that apple perfume from Bath %26amp; Body Works?


help please! :)Does DKNY perfume smell like real apples?
Hi... Great question! I have been debating the DKNY or the Irresistible Apple from BBW. I order online because there is not a BBW in B.C. yet.





Here's my take as I was just at a department store and smelled the Be Delicious (Green Apple) and the Red Delicious (Red Apple.)





The Be Delicious was quite sweet and you could definitely smell the green apple in it. I could detect other notes, but the green apple definitely stood out.





The Red Delicious was also sweet, but not as sweet as the Be Delicious. It did have a red apple scent, but then it turned into a blossom smell as well. I preferred this one over the Be Delicious because of the sweetness factor. I like fruity scents, but the Be Delicious was a bit too much for me.





I haven't tried the Delicious Nights scent, but have been told it smells fantastic. It isn't an apple scent and described as a blackberry one. Mmmm... :)





As for the BBW scents...





If you order online there is the one from the Classics collection called Country Apple. I have this one and love it because it isn't overly sweet, but rather light and subtle. I use the cream and body spray and the scents lasts a pretty good time. Can't beat $21 for both items when not on sale. :) I would describe this one as a true red apple scent. It reminds me of walking through an apple orchard in the fall.





I tried the Irresistible Apple in the store when I was there last year. From what I recall, when I first smelled it on my skin it was definitely a red apple scent. After a few minutes it turned into an apple blossom scent. As for sweetness, I didn't find it overly sweet at all. I am thinking about ordering this one for the fall.





Your best bet would be to go into stores and test them all out to see which ones work with your chemistry. Example... the Be Delicious scent smelled better on the scent card than it did on me.





If lasting power is an issue, perfumes should last longer. But, if I love a scent I don't mind refreshing after a few hours. For the most part, I find the Bath %26amp; Body Works to have decent lasting power. I have perfumes that fade quickly even though I paid a good price for them.





Good luck! You will smell lovely with them all.. can't go wrong with fruity florals. :)Does DKNY perfume smell like real apples?
its not sickly-sweet like cheaper fruit-scented body sprays are;it has notes of vanilla and also florals in it, so its not a 100% green apple scent. the quality of a perfume is what makes its scent ';real'; smelling; for example, bath and body works uses a synthetic fragrance while dkny will actually use real fruit and floral essence. the apple scent in dkny is REAL apple so it smells as such, but it has layers, like all expensive perfumes- a drugstore or b and b spray will have one artificial note in it, and pricier ones balance several different notes
Oh no now you can tell the difference with the dkny apples and the bath and body summer orchard apples. The dkny smells more riper and sweeter to me and yes the bath and body works smells just as good if you are willing to pay less
not really like apples but its really fresh fragrance :)





pls answer mine





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
it smells kinda good but NOT like real apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment